Be prepared for many goat
pictures over the next few weeks as work is where I am currently spending the
vast majority of my time. There are now
baby goats on the farm!! There have been three born so far and I managed to
capture one of the births on film. Feel free to watch at your leisure but if
you are squeamish then do not blame me if you do not enjoy the wonder of life
haha.
We have seen life and sadly some
death at the farm. I was not prepared for the attachment I would have towards
the livestock. I should be viewing them as producers of milk and meat but I can’t
help but find them cute and get a bit sad when they die. This is what I like to
call ‘character building’, I will come out of this a stronger person! There are guard dogs on the farm and my
favourite is called Cheo as she is so hyper and bouncy all the time and reminds
me of our dog Ollie at home. There is
also a duck that thinks it is a goat and I think it is the best thing ever as I
feel like I am living in the film ‘Babe’.
Next week we are hopefully being
taken to the quesoria and the goats might get let out of the shed and we can
get our own walking sticks to herd them in the fields. I am so excited! Definitely
learning a lot while I am out here and I cannot believe that it is coming up
for five weeks in Spain already.
At the weekend we took a trip to
Cazorla Natural Park. A friend of a friend was our own personal tour guide for
the day and he was able to tell us about the area and took us places that we
could not have reached without a car. Sadly it was very wet and foggy but the
views were still awesome and I am looking forward to going back on a nicer day.
On our route back the fog was so thick that we could not see the terrifying S
bend corners that could have resulted in driving down the cliff. Why did we
carry on? Well our driver said he knew the road by memory….. Luckily he did
know it very well and we all made it back safely!
This weekend I am saying goodbye
to 23 as it is my birthday on Sunday. Plans are very weather dependent at the
moment as originally we were going to take part in activities such as rafting
or caving but that is not looking likely at the moment so we will have to see
where we end up!
I cannot get over how much I am
enjoying living in Spain and listening to the language. My understanding is
increasing every day but my speech still needs improvement. I am enjoying
learning it though and small conversations with people feel like mini
achievements.
Laura xox

No comments:
Post a Comment