Saturday, 11 January 2014

Welcome to Úbeda!

Team Úbeda all arrived safely yesterday (10th January). We are a group of seven people containing four boys and three girls! Everyone has had different life experiences and they are an awesome bunch of people, I look forward to spending the next three months with them all. 

Last night we went to a local bar to experience tapas and today we had the most amazing breakfast for around £3! I am so excited to experience a new culture and based on first impressions this is going to be the most relaxed three months of my life! The siesta takes up a large chunk of our day and we don't start work until the 27th January. Between now and then we will have 30 hours of Spanish lessons. At the moment I am struggling with the language but there are so many opportunities to learn at the local market, in the shops and on the farm!

We are thinking of visiting a natural park tomorrow and the geographer in me is thrilled!! 





This is a snippet of where I get to live for the next few months. Surrounded by olive fields and terracotta, what more would you want in life? :)

Laura xox


No comments:

Post a Comment